Click to APPLY – https://www.seek.com.au/job/50132286
International tire manufacturer requires a new ‘Industrial Tire Fitter & Technician’ to join their rapidly expanding Australian operation based in Acacia Ridge. Reporting to the State Manager and working closely with the Central Operations team the individual will be tasked to carry out work in both the warehouse and on-site at customer locations.
Tasks include but are not limited to;
- Demounting, repairing, replacing and fitting industrial solid and pneumatic tires
- Assisting customers to select products that meet their requirements
- Completing fleet inspections and reporting on maintenance needs
- Ensuring a high level of service quality
- Ensuring work areas and tools are kept tidy and in good working order
- Inspecting and refurbishing exchange rim stock
- The correct use of tools and machinery including hydraulic press equipment
- Ensuring a safety-first focus during operations
- Preparation and storage of waste tires for disposal
- Warehouse stock management and picking of wholesale orders
- Operating mobile tire press truck
- Completion of all relevant paperwork related to the role
Must be a hard worker, reliable, safety-conscious, and able to work autonomously. Must have MR license & permission to work in Australia. Experience operating a forklift beneficial.
Pneumatic tyre fitting & puncture repair skills preferred. Industrial and solid tyre fitting beneficial but not necessary as training will be provided as required.
38 hours a week base + overtime as required after the probationary period.
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years’ experience do you have as a tyre fitter?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?